Administrative Assistant & General Manager of Self-Storage facility
Job Description and Accountability
Under the general direction of the Controller, assists with the administrative and communication functions of the office, finance department, and sales division.
Under the general direction of the Controller, manages the day to day operations of Lock & Guardian Self Storage.
- Understands the principles of customer service and recognizes that “good” service often requires a “shocking level of response”. The AA serves as the primary contact point for messages flowing to and from customers, both internal and external, of the office, finance department and sales division.
- Communicate and project the McCall Homes and Lock & Guardian “We care” attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
- Is the first line of telephone communication for the office. This involves answering phones, distribution of calls and messages taken for those unable to respond to calls as they arrive.
- Works with the finance department and sales division in the preparation of recurring job or customer paperwork.
- Attends and participates in regular team meetings and training sessions.
- Manage office supply ordering and procurement.
- Runs back office computer system reports to assist Controller, SM and PM in their assigned duties.
- Opens and distributes mail for office.
- Is a back up for accounts payable processing during times of intense accounting transactions
- Special projects as assigned.
- Is accountable for all day to day activities and requirements of Lock & Guardian Self Storage, including daily, weekly, and monthly duties, inspections, and other necessary responsibilities.
PREREQUISITES FOR SUCCESS:
- People skills to articulately and professionally handle communication with customers, employees and vendors.
- Writing ability to document and distribute notes from assigned meetings.
- Organizational aptitude to manage the communication routing, processing and maintain related files.
- Computer aptitude and willingness to learn to process needed data and to communicate via letters, etc. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience is a requirement.
- A willingness and aptitude to handle difficult communications written and verbal with customers and vendors.
Accuracy of communications
Timeliness of message distribution
Accuracy and timeliness of assigned special projects against goals
Accuracy and timeliness of meeting notes.
REPORTS TO: Controller
WORKS WITH: Accounting Department, Internal and external customers including outside vendors and trade contractors.
COMPENSATION: TBD based upon experience