Got Questions? We Have Answers!
Of course you’re going to have questions when it comes to a major life decision like purchasing a new home. The entire McCall Homes team is here to help! Just call 406-651-5354 or Chat with us online and get the answers you need.
For the studious buyer who prefers to do their homework before calling, we’ve placed our buyers’ Frequently Asked Questions, and the answers, below to the most burning questions homebuyers have in regards to building or purchasing a home in the friendliest neighborhoods in Billings, MT. Of course, we’re also just a phone call away!
Do you have a model open I can visit?
Of course! Our model home is located at 6022 Norma Jean Lane, near the bottom of Walter Creek Blvd located off Elysian Rd.
We welcome visitors to tour our MODEL HOME 7 DAYS A WEEK. (except holiday weekends). Just call us at 406-651-5354 to schedule a tour OR Chat with us online and we’ll get you set up for a tour.
What makes building a McCall Home so different than the other homebuilders around Billings?
When you build a new home with McCall Homes we walk you through the entire process, from selecting a home plan and lot to financing and design selections. You’re never alone, as we guide you through making all of your personal selections while keeping in mind that your biggest investment includes all the great features and finishes that reflect your personal taste and lifestyle.
What does the term “base price” mean?
Base price refers to the price of one of our floor plans on a crawl space, on a standard lot, including all of our featured products.
Wow, your homes look amazing, but what if I want other selections that are not included features? How much more does it cost to personalize my home?
That’s the beauty of working with the design team in our Design Showroom. We will take the time to get to know you so that we can understand what features are important to the way you live. Our design consultant will show you the benefits of everything that is included in your home as well as choices that might better suit your taste or needs. Your home is the biggest investment you’re likely to make. You get the benefit of the unbeatable value of our extensive included features (such as: a highly efficient tankless water heater, air-conditioner, and furnace) while also having the opportunity to create your dream home within a total investment amount that you’re comfortable with. The upfront investment for additional personal selections is completely up to you and varies widely from home to home. Our design team can help you work within whatever budget you have set for yourself.
So what are the included features in every McCall home?
Giving you the most durable, sustainable, high-performance, and affordable features in your home is priority to us. We want you to understand the incredible value you are getting with your McCall home. Included with the purchase of your home are the following features:
Front entry curb appeal. Our new plans are designed by architects with an affinity for the classic American styles. Each elevation for our floor plans has been carefully designed with a welcoming front door entrance for whoever visits.
2-car garage (22’x22′) with remote door controls to protect and secure your valuable vehicles, tools, and stuff
LP Smart siding for long-lasting durability.
Andersen windows with dual-panes ensure that your indoor air temperature stays inside and the outdoor temps don’t creep in.
Rheem 95% efficient furnace for keeping your home comfortable any time of year for less money.
Navian tankless water heater (on most plans) gives you endless hot water without the cold shower shock.
Programmable Thermostat to personalize the indoor temperature of your home to suit your family’s comfort level without having to think about it.
Underground sprinklers, including a drip system, and a Rainbird controller allow you to control the watering of your yard with the ease of a set it and forget it system.
Fully landscaped yard, including sod, trees, shrubs, edging, rock and bark so that you know you’re not just buying a home, but the whole package. You have the comfort in knowing that your neighbors will also have beautiful yards.
Whirlpool appliance package These Energy Star appliances save you money and are made from a company known for making reliable products.
Alder cabinets by Crown Cabinetry who brings quality cabinets since 1950. 8 paint choices, 13 stains, 6 wood species, 3 glazes, and 30 door styles and laminate countertops with many on trend options to choose from provide lasting beauty and durability in the focal points of your home.
Kohler Faucets and Sinks going strong since 1873!
Pabco 30-year Shingles
Sherwin Williams interior/exterior paint
Lighting by Progress, the #1 decorative lighting choice used by builders and remodelers. We use LED lighting which saves energy, money, and time since the bulbs can last between 15-25 years. Up to date coordinating collections range from Vintage Electric to Retro Modern to Classic Elegance suiting.
Flooring options include high-quality brands such as Mannington and Shaw.
Pionite Laminate countertops for kitchens and baths. Lots of options to choose from that will complement your cabinetry and decor.
Owens Corning insulation on the inside AND OUTSIDE of your home. We’ve taken all our homes in Annafeld up a notch using a 1″ continuous foam barrier on the exterior to prevent allergens, bugs, extreme temperatures, and moisture from getting into your home. All homes in Annafeld have the added benefit of being a ComfortBuilt home with this insulation package.
How big are the lots in one of your beautiful neighborhoods?
Included in the starting price of your home is a 4,600 square foot lot. We know that this sounds small given our preset cultural notion that bigger is better. Here at McCall Homes we beg to differ.
Reasons why our homeowners love their lots:
- Less maintenance— less yard means less time spent on mowing, weeding, edging and more time spent playing on your weekends. Now you can fish the Bighorn, camp in Yellowstone Park, or hike the Beartooths guilt-free.
- Save money— say goodbye to $300 water bills in the summer.
- Small intimate spaces are in! You can create a great outdoor sanctuary in a small area. Check out these great backyard and porch spaces for inspiration. link to photo gallery here.
- Maximize the use of your yard. Just like our homes, we design the site plan for each home to maximize the use of space in your yard. Homes with smaller footprints make room for more yard space, while homes with larger footprints, reduce yard space. Ask one of our new home specialists to determine yard size for the specific lot and plan you are considering.
I’m really, really interested in a specific lot. How can I reserve it?
Our new home specialists will help you pick a home plan and a lot that best suits your needs and budget. Once you’ve made those selections, a 1% deposit will secure your lot. For example, if you’ve chosen a $200,000 home plan, your deposit would be $2,000. The deposit removes the lot from the market for one month giving you time to make your first design appointment!
What happens after I’ve reserved my lot?
- Once you’ve reserved your lot, you will receive a reservation binder full of detailed information regarding the design/build process, an introduction to our Homeowners’ Manual (a great resource for new homeowners), as well as a Design Homework Packet. This is a take-home discussion guide that walks you through all of our included features as well as other options. Think of it as a primer to help stimulate your imagination, leading to a fun, in depth discussion when you visit our Design Showroom, which leads us to the next step….
- You’ll meet our design team in the Design Showroom and they’ll educate you on the benefits of all the products/features we offer for your home. They’ll listen to your desires and help you make decisions for this important investment based on your unique styles and tastes.
- Once you’ve made all of your selections, our options coordinator/Designer will explain each item in your home and its associated cost, allowing you to decide how you want to invest your dollars in your new home. You may add, change, or take away anything at this point to get your final number to a comfortable place.
- When you feel happy with your selections and the final purchase price of your home, we go over all the contracts. Rest assured that once you’ve authorized your final selections that the final price you signed off on is written in stone. McCall Homes will never change the price claiming increased labor or materials as the culprit. Nope—the price agreed upon is what you’ll pay—never a penny more! Another 1% deposit is due at this time.
- Just prior to construction, you will have a Pre-Construction Meeting where you will meet your Superintendent and the Construction Manager. This is a great opportunity to get to know the guys in the field who will be in charge of making sure all the details for your home are right. Your final deposit (25% of options over $5,000) will be due, and, once received, continues the ball rolling toward a dig date!
- Watch your house unfold over the next 5 months. Your superintendent will give you regular updates on the construction process and will be happy to walk you through your home during any of the four scheduled appointments.
- Get packing because it’s time to move in! We offer a free moving truck for homeowners who are moving from in-town. Call us to reserve before your closing date. We also offer discounted storage units with Lock & Guardian behind our Design Showroom to people who are building with McCall Homes.
What about financing? Can McCall Homes help me find a lender?
Financing your new home is a big part of getting you into your dream home, so we’ve selected the incredibly helpful team at Western Security Bank (WSB) to guide new homeowners through process. From reservation to closing, WSB makes it easy for you to pre-qualify as well as help you create a realistic budget. They know the building process with McCall Homes inside and out and have seamless communication, doing all of the grunt work so you don’t have to. Homeowners who choose to use WSB when building a home with us typically get the best interest rates and reduced closing costs, and they even waive the Initiation Fee. You are certainly welcome to compare lenders and use the one with whom you are most comfortable.
Annafeld looks amazing, but is it located in a floodplain?
We get asked this question a lot being adjacent to the Yellowstone River. Good news! Annafeld is not in a 100 or 500-year floodplain. You will NOT need additional flood insurance unless you choose to do so.
Are your friendly neighborhoods also friendly to households that have dogs?
Dogs LOVE Annafeld! Why? The neighborhood is packed full of parks. If Fido loves to swim then head down the walking path on Elysian road to Josephine Crossing and catch the walking trail to Norm’s Island where they can run and play off-leash. The beach on Norm’s is a great place for dog’s to fetch sticks or take a cool swim on a hot summer day. Dogs must be on-leash or contained while in the neighborhood, but they’re usually so worn out from romping around the island that this is rarely a problem.
What if I want to build a fence around my yard? Is that allowed?
Of course! Each of our neighborhoods has it’s own guidelines on the materials you can use for a fence and the set backs in their HOA’s covenants and restrictions.
Does McCall Homes provide a home warranty?
Yes. All homes are covered under a limited warranty program.
Our Warranty Manager, Cricket, can be contacted to send the appropriate personnel to take care of anything the homeowner needs to be repaired that falls under the Warranty Program.
Is Annafeld located within the city limits?
Yes, you will receive access to city water, sewer, and trash pick-up.
What is covered with the HOA dues? How much are they?
Our single family HOA dues are the most reasonable we’ve seen in town. Dues cover snow removal on common park sidewalks, general landscape maintenance of the common parks and Community Events. HOA dues start at $40/month.
HOA dues for townhomes and cottages are typically higher because they include more services. Please ask a new home specialist for specific dues on the lot or home you are considering.
I have children. What schools will they attend?
We have a wonderful K-8 school called Elysian adjacent to Annafeld on Elysian Road. A paved walk/bike path from Annafeld to the school is a safe and healthy way for kids to get themselves to/from school. Elysian is a county school in its own district, so homeowners’ taxes only go to Elysian for grades K-8. After 8th grade, kids go to West High School.