McCall Homes is steadily growing, and we are adding the following positions to our team in the near future. If you (or someone you know… please share!) is interested, send a resume and cover letter to Brad McCall: email@example.com.
We’re currently hiring for:
Under the general direction of the McCall Homes owners, manages the day to day financial and administrative operations for McCall Homes. Position is responsible for accounting, banking relationships, budgeting and cash flow management. The Controller is a member of the senior management team for McCall Homes and as such is responsible for the coordination of the annual business and strategic planning process.
- Works with department heads and other senior managers to establish the annual operating budget for McCall Homes and the project level proformas for everything under development.
- Coordinates the production of the monthly interim and End of Year financial statements in a timely and accurate fashion. Reports include…
- Income Statement
- Comparative Balance Sheet
- Gross Margin Analysis Reports
- Cash Flow projection report
- Communicate and project the McCall Homes, “We care” attitude to all customers and employees through all forms of communication (writing, verbal, appearance).
- Takes the lead on all banking relationships, new loan applications and line of credit renewals. Delivers, in a timely fashion, all bank required paperwork to remain in agreement with loan covenant requirements.
- Makes sure that accounts payable are processed and checks are cut and distributed per the McCall Homes established schedule.
- Maintains the McCall Homes depreciation and fixed asset schedule and manages the capital expenditure budget as approved annually by the McCall Homes Board of Directors.
- Tracks and reports on operational performance benchmarks and actual results. Uses trend analysis to keep management team informed of areas of needed improvement.
- Assists Construction Ops Manager and Estimator/Purchasing with monthly Purchase Order (Direct Job Cost) variance analysis.
- Implements and maintains internal accounting controls to ensure professional and secure handling of McCall Homes’ finances.
- Develops and coordinates the monthly, quarterly and annual production of many operational system reports and monitoring tools. These include, but are not limited to…
- Sales, starts and closing projections and historical reports
- Traffic reports
- Warranty and customer satisfaction reports
- Time of construction reports
- Quality measuring reports
- Variance for job cost budget reports, etc.
- Ensures that jobs are computer closed for direct costing a maximum of 45 days after customer closing.
- Works with external McCall Homes CPA to ensure that all financial statements and trial balances are available for timely filing of income tax and payroll tax returns. Ensures that internal controls are established and followed to keep McCall Homes in compliance with GAAS (Generally Accepted Auditing Standards).
PREREQUISITES FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field. Minimum of 5 years of successful relevant experience. CPA optional.
- Business sense to promote the good will of McCall Homes and to positively impact customer satisfaction at all levels of the business process.
- Organization aptitude to manage the scheduling and production of the accounting system schedule and employees.
- Leadership ability to set and maintain a positive atmosphere within the office and assigned departments
- Exceptional computer skills including: Deep knowledge of accounting software, databases, Excel, and custom reporting.